Guess what... We did not mind waiting for more than 2 hours just to be called to enter the restaurant and another 30 minutes before our food was served. But who cares. It is a piece of home for us OFWs. A home where we are always longing to be.
And it did not fail us. The food is superb and ambience feels like home...
Max's restaurant opened its first branch in Kuwait this month which delighted the hundreds of thousand of Filipinos in the country.
For those who may not be aware of the long history of Max's, here's an excerpt from their website.
Max's Restaurant's beginnings started in 1945, after World War II. Maximo Gimenez, a Stanford - educated teacher, befriended the American occupation troops stationed at Quezon City. Because of this friendship, the soldiers regularly visited Maximo's nearby home for a drink or two. Later on, the troops insisted that they pay for their drinks. This prompted Maximo to open a cafe, where the troops could enjoy food and drinks.
The cafe initially served chicken, steak and drinks. Maximo's niece, Ruby, who managed the kitchen, created a special recipe for chicken that became an instant favorite for the GIs. Soon, the Filipino public heard about the delicious chicken-tender, juicy and crispy - and they came too! Max's Restaurant was born.
Over the years, Max's Restaurant's popularity grew and it became known as "the house that fried chicken built." It has expanded in Metro Manila, Southern and Northern Luzon, Cebu, and to California and other places in the United States. It has also expanded to Canada. It will soon open restaurants in other countries as well.
Post a Comment